Monday, September 7, 2020

I admire self made billionaires

 Jeff Bezos runs a very efficient operation with his AMAZON thing & the quality of his AMAZON PRIME video offerings. Choices are somewhat limited compared to Big Bucks Netflix, but I am impressed by the thought process behind Amazon Prime movies/and presentations...

Have you looked up where Jeff Bezos came from? He also does space ships, rockets, the cloud, AI, robotics,

and a lot of other stuff...

Bezos was born Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on January 12, 1964, the son of Jacklyn (née Gise) and Ted Jorgensen.[7] At the time of his birth, his mother was a 17-year-old high school student and his father was a bike shop owner.[8] After his parents divorced, his mother married Cuban immigrant Miguel "Mike" Bezos in April 1968.[9] Shortly after the wedding, Mike adopted four-year-old Jorgensen, whose surname was then changed to Bezos.[10] The family moved to Houston, Texas, where Mike worked as an engineer for Exxon after he received a degree from the University of New Mexico.[11] Bezos attended River Oaks Elementary School in Houston from fourth to sixth grade.[12] Bezos's maternal grandfather was Lawrence Preston Gise, a regional director of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) in Albuquerque.[13] Gise retired early to his family's ranch near Cotulla, Texas, where Bezos would spend many summers in his youth.[11] Bezos would later purchase this ranch and expand it from 25,000 acres (10,117 ha) to 300,000 acres (121,406 ha).[14][15] His maternal grandmother was Mattie Louise Gise (née Strait), through whom he is a cousin of country singer George Strait.[16]

I recently got access to Apple TV. Very disappointed with their operation. The majority of what they offer you have to buy or rent...They have a relatively small selection of original programming and the viewing  and listening can be cumbersome. For example, try figuring out how to get 'closed captioning' on an Apple movie/TV program.  I am just really surprised that APPLE decided to come out with their Video streaming option so late after Netflix and Amazon & have done such a poor job of it. I Love Apple stuff! They have embarrassed themselves with the Apple TV launch. My opinion.

What got me started on this rant is that I was looking for a device that would enable me to ride my bike indoors. Sorta like a kickstand where I could peddle away and not go anywhere.

Looking at options on the World Wide Web I discovered that, in most cases, the device would cost me more than my bike is worth! Jeff had one for $59.99! Unless I'm reading something wrong.


I'll wait to hear from brother John who is currently on a cross country bike ride to Denver, Colorado!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/07/us/denver-winter-storm-heat-snow-colorado-trnd/index.html


John knows way more than I do about riding a bike...


No comments: